Sunday, November 11, 2007

Dia de Los Muertos

I'm a bit late posting this photo of my annual creation in honor of Day of the Dead, Nov. 2, which was celebrated quietly and thoughtfully this year with the silver owl overlooking the special day. I thought of them all with love and some longing. I discovered, after returning from celebrating my niece's 15th (!) birthday, that it is an appropriate day to acknowledge lost loved ones after all. Alice left us today, slipped away like a whisper. I'm grateful for her easy passing and sorrowful for the husband who will miss her. It was certainly one of those Circle of Life days that Fancy and I seem to notice more and more. I think about how my namesake, the birthday girl, will be going to NYC in a few months and I feel strangely fine.

No comments: